an Trösch, Guitarist / Composer, born June 29th, 1980
2004 – 2006 Composition and arranging at Music Academy Bern (Jazz Dep.)
2000 – 2004 Guitar and music pedagogy at Music Academy Luzern (Jazz Dep.)
1999 – 2000 Preparation course for professional studies, Music Academy Luzern
1992 - 1999 Lessons and workshops at Music School Thun and Jazznights Langnau
Guitarteachers: Stephan Urwyler, Kaspar Kramis, Roberto Bossard, Helmut Kagerer,
David Sauter, Christy Doran, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Francis Coletta.
Composition: Frank Sikora, Emanuel Schnyder, Christian Henking, Klaus König, ..
Workshops: Jerry Bergonzi, Hal Crook, Don Li, Lucas Niggli, Toni Martinez, ...
Clinics: Mick Godrick, Wolfgang Muthspiel, Ralph Towner, Rick Peckham, ..
2000 – 2006 Electric and classical guitar at musicschool „Unisono“, Switzerland
2005 – 2009 Electric guitar and jazz-ensembles at Conservatory Bern, Switzerland
Jan Tröschs musical spectrum is wide. It reaches from soloconcerts over theatermusic to big formations. Mostly as a Guitarist, but also as a bandleader, composer, arranger and bassplayer. His playing and his writing is inspired from Modern Jazz, Rock, Worldmusic and Contemporary Classic.
Jan Trösch played with international artists like Michael Werthmüller, Thedosii Spassov, Jalalu Oliver Nelson, Walter Schmocker, Deaobrat Mishra, Armin Waschke, Bardia Sharaf, Christophe Schweizer, etc.
- i.trio, Jazz-Rock, with Pierre Sottas and Urs Wittwer
- Planetary, Ethno-Jazz, with Raphael Zehnder, Mike Maurer and international guest
- STI-Trio, contemp. Jazz, with Christophe Schweizer, tb and Jonas Imhof, dr
- Lost in 2 Musical, Pop-Quintet with Pascal Thélin and Mirjam Hofer, voc
- Dowland Update, Folk-Jazz, with Doris Rickli, voc and Lukas Briggen, tb
- Wataja, Vocal Jazz Quintett with Taja Waibel, voc
- Trösch Universal, SoloGuitarLoopTrax, with Jan Trösch
Important Projects (past):
- Raumfisch (Fusion) / Fonixx (Jazz) / OutOfDanger (Crossover) / Trösch ImHof (Free)